Monday, May 5, 2014

// T H E 1 9 7 5 //

i am totally geeking out.  i impulsively bought two tickets to see this young band in concert tomorrow night, tues may 6th.

i found them via a remix i was infatuated with, and i haven't stopped listening since.  they make me feel 17 again listening to echo and the bunnymen, howard jones, the smiths, talking heads, u2...  they're a dash of old school with a modern twist... but so damn young and talented to boot.

so yea!  i'm bringing my nephew max who's a teenager and full of teenage angst, young, hip, and ok with going to a concert with his old auntie. i'm such a geek.

and here's the kicker, they're playing at kool haus, you know, the government, aka RPM (way back in the day)...   my old stomping grounds every tues, fri, and sat nights...  yup.  coming full circle, i am.  makes me laugh.

and for your listening pleasure, here are a few of my faves:





and another...





and the awesome remix of settle down that got me started in the first place:





i'll give you a full update after tuesday night (that's if i survive a concert hall full of young, screaming girls, and head thrashing boys!!!

No comments: