Friday, January 11, 2013

a new normal

the week after has been full of a bag of emotions.  one minute we think we're fine, the next we can barely get out from under the covers.  my siblings and i have spent a couple of days busy taking care of 'business', but we are now in self care, rest, and recharge mode. it's incredible the amount of stress we carry and don't really notice it until it's all over.  your body just crashes.  there were a few times my brain was telling me to get off the couch, but my body would just refuse.  crazy.   tonight we are all going to my brothers house for a nice homemade dinner, and a change of scenery!  slowly but surely, we'll get into a new normal.



lately i've been painting.  mistys online class is turning out to be the best medicine.   it couldn't have come at a better time.



tomorrow i start my portraiture fundamentals class as OCAD and am very excited about that.  another really good and much needed distraction.




4 comments:

Michelle Shopped said...

A new normal...I like that...muchos besos, Francesca! and pasta class was da' bomb...had a blast with the manual machine...

Francesca Di Leo said...

you're going to have to teach me how to use the pasta machine.. i have my moms that she's had and used forever. xo

Michelle Shopped said...

Was thinking about you and your mom today...now to read about your first class while the noodles boil! XO

PeregrineBlue said...

Wonderfully done. I'm just getting started so you experience is very inspiring.
Have to say you made me cry with the homage to your BOY. He looks like he must have been the greatest of friends.