Wednesday, May 23, 2012

i've been published


i came home to the see this sitting on my end table.  it was my complimentary issue of Somerset Studio Gallery.

last year, i submitted two pieces created in misty's online class, Stretching Within, and lo and behold they chose to publish both pieces in the Summer 2012 issue.  i was over the moon when they first contacted me with the news.


but to see it in print.  well, that was a whole other story.  i thought i was going to pee my pants with excitement..  it's such a surreal thing. 

not sure what this means to me yet.  does it validate my artistic abilities.  does it make me an 'artist'.  will i now be taken seriously as an artist.  still processing why the need to get published.  recognized.  perhaps it's more of a way of connecting with the world.  connecting with the viewer.  for me, i think it's all about connection.

don't know. but what i do know is, it sure feels good.  xoxx

p.s.  be sure to check out the other artists in the stretching within group, Jenny Wentworth, Wanda Miller, to name but a few that have also been published in this issue.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!!!!! I know what you are feeling, it's a combination of wonder, glee, and awe and makes you feel all light and bubbly inside...I am thrilled for you.

irene said...

Exciting news, Francesca. It feels like the next step in your journey ~~ putting yourself out there, being vulnerable and exposed. It is a wonderful and big step. So many others can enjoy your beautiful art.

joanne said...

Congratulations, Francesca! Your art has been just pouring from you, and this i know is just the first of many publications to come. So deserved, and so happy to see your art being seen more widely. Big big hooray!