Friday, March 23, 2012

zine time

such an exciting time right now.

not only is spring in the air but i'm packing for my first ARTFEST experience.  people.  i'll be in seattle in the blink of an eye.  and i can't wait.

i somehow managed to make one additional trade besides the collage packs and the moo postcards i posted about the other day.  i gave birth to my first ZINE, volume 1, 'a year of faces'.  oh yes i did.

my first attempt is crude and rudimentary, but glorious none-the-less.

i'm on to volume 2 and i'm literally loving creating this.  it's pieces of my journaling pages from my moleskine, my sketches, my favorite images, some favorite quotes and words, allllll mashed up with photoshop.  gloriousness.  i can't tell you how much fun i'm having with this.

so here's a sneak peek at my page one.




















cannot wait to experiment with a few more pages...

tonight however, i must finish packing.  making lists so i don't forget anything.  so happy to meet my open studio and stretching within art sisters.  meet up with my art guru, mentor extraordinaire misty, and hang out with my tribe.  it's gonna be like coming home.

catch ya on the flip side folks... xoxx

1 comment:

Susie said...

I am so excited for you Francesca, Artfest has always been a dream for me but one I will never get the chance to experience. It just was never in the cards for me, so I get excited when I know I can at least read about how it all went on art friends blogs so I am really pleased you are going and going in for the lasat one so I am sure that it is going to be the Artfest of all Artfests. The best and the most amazing. Zines are fun and exciting. I can't wait to hear more about yours.