Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ode to artfest


the theme of artfest is 'cairns':  a noun ; a heap of stones set up as a landmark, monument, tombstone, etc. Origin: 1525–35; earlier carn, Scots Gaelic: pile of stones




so my 'loose' interpretation is stacks of layers, layers and more layers.  and in the bottom, it also includes stacks of circles piled hig onto one another in the form of my body (using a shadow shot of mine photoshopped with my doodles from my moleskine).  i knew those hours doodling would somehow come in handy.  hours well spent, i'd say.

15 more days to go.  and then, let the games begin.  wooohooo

1 comment:

Susie said...

Have Fun at Art Fest Francesca. Your journal cover is amazing. I love the layers of doodles. I have no doubt you will have an incredible time given it's the last one; anyone fortunate enough to attend is going to be part of something magical and very special indeed. I look forward to your stories.