Monday, October 17, 2011

a manifesto of sorts


elisa:   "mommy, when i grow up i want to be an artist like you"

me:  "baby girl, you already are an artist"

i was reading this very powerful manifesto that really resonated with me, from a very talented and spiritual squammie sister, and it just gave me goosebumps all over when i read this particular piece:

"i have faith that my creative babies know how to birth themselves, that i am the carrier and the nurturer, but ultimately they have a life of their own to live, and i must give it to them"

it only took me almost 35 years to finally figure out what it is i truly want to be doing with my life.  i vow to help nurture and listen to my creative babies and act as a vehicle to help them birth themselves and their own purpose in life. 

it's a beautiful thing. 

francesca xoxx

2 comments:

Michelle Shopped said...

wow wow and wow -- just scanned thru your sketchbook, last few posts and do i ever have some reading and looking to catch up on...i have been in the virtual world too much since squam -- i am starved for eye contact as you say! much love -- xoxo...now if i can only get one of those drumming apps to download -- meant to ask my girl to help before she left for the bf's tonoc but i forgot...and i've got me some journeying to do, woman!

Francesca Di Leo said...

You go girl. Love ya!!!!