Wednesday, August 17, 2011

more faces



this is yet another new technique i learned from carla sonheim on how to create faces.  i thought the watercolour technique i used to create my 'blob families' was my favorite.  well, errr, this one is by far my most favorite. 

for these faces i used shiva oil sticks, my finger, and a kneaded eraser.  easy peasey.

the image below, is one i have in progress.  can you see the face emerging from the shadows?  man, i love this.



by the way, i just found out that emily falconbridge will be a vendor at squam art workshops.  i sooooo can't wait to meet her.  and hopefully purchase one of her funk-a-tized refurbished items, that she also sells in her etsy shop.  if you haven't yet visited her blog, you must go now.  she's an incredible artist, and mother. 

happy wednesday friends

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I adore your shiva faces Frannie...especially the one on the bottom left..her expression is priceless! I too was smitten with the blob peeps and like you I'm now crazy about this technique :)
I hope you have a blast at Squam. xo