Tuesday, April 12, 2011

on random conversations

yesterday the conversation between xavier and elisa and myself went something like this:


an iphone photo
























Xavier:  mom how old are you?
me:  i'm 40, why?
Xavier:  i don't know (while smirking)...  how old do i have to be when i can pick E up from school.
me: hmm, dunno, maybe when you're about 14 or 15. 
Xavier:  oh
me: and when you're 15 E will be 12, so it should be ok since it's a close walk to home
Xavier:  smiles some more
me:  my gosh and  that would make me 48
Xavier: laughs out loud, mom that's old
me:  and when you're 25, E will 22
Xavier:  wow
me:  and oh my gosh that'll make me 58 (eyes glazed over feeling very scared about getting old!!!) and when your 40, E wil lbe 37 and i'll be 73.  OMG (said loudly), i may be dead by then, (tears starting to well up in my eyes thinking i won't be around for my kids)
Elisa: (pipes in) mom, if you die then i won't have a mommy anymore

and well........ that was the clincher.  The tears these old eyes of mine produced!!  then domenic came in rolled his eyes, shook his head and called me crazy!!

No comments: