What do you acknowledge yourself for in regards to 2010?
- for speaking up for myself and demanding I be heard
- for making time for my art a priority
- for being brave in posting my portraits even though they were very amateur and certainly less than perfect
- for finding the new me. And redefining me in a way that more accurately represents me.
- for finding the best day care ever for my little girl
- taking pride in watching Xavier read and devour books
- for taking on-line classes with my favorite artists
- for purchasing my first piece of original art
- for finally getting my kids to sleep in their own beds (this was a BIG one for me folks)
What is there to grieve in 2010?
- I grieve an illness of one we hold dear that have left us feeling helpless and hopeless
- I grieve losing the baby-ness in my children and no longer being able to hold them to my chest as I sing them to sleep
What else do you need to say about 2010 to declare it complete?
I thoroughly enjoyed 2010. It held a lot of happiness and joy, with just one touch of incredible sadness. I declare 2010 complete.
As I stand up I declare 2011 the year of taking risks, artistically, professionally, and personally. The dictionary defines risk as, "take or run a risk, to expose oneself to the chance of injury or loss; put oneself in danger; hazard; venture".
When I say risks I mean intentionally putting myself into situations that make me feel uncomfortable all in an attempt to assist my growth both in breadth and scope. I want to attempt things that will take me out of my ordinary and fling me into the extraordinary. I want to do things that'll push me out of my proverbial box. Yup folks. This is gonna be interesting.
Do you have a ritual that you do every year? If you do I'd love to hear about it. If youhave posted it to your blog please leave a link for me to come visit.
and just for fun, have you ever seen so many birds on a wire??? i thought it was the end of the world when i saw them flock like this above my head!! but it sure made for an awesome iphone hipstamatic pic...
Happy day everyone,