Sunday, November 14, 2010

My new 'studio' and collaged furniture

So. I was working from my basement. I used it as my dedicated creative work space. Although it was a big space that accommodated all my thousands of dollars of 'stuff', I just wasn't able to make it my happy place. It was great for a while and I enjoyed the convenience of an art sink and tons of cupboard space. But the lack of proper lighting and natural light was getting to me. I know now that working in a well lit space with natural light makes a huge difference in my state of mind when creating. It's huge. So in light of this (no pun intended), I've move shop to my bedroom. Yup. The bedroom. Laugh.

I figure my most serene favorite part of the house is my bedroom. It's where I go these days to relax and hide and recharge. Not to mention the light during the day is incredible. We have a huge south facing window so we get tons of sunshine.

Be because I can only fit one cupboard into the space only the essentials will come up with me.
My most favorite go to things ONLY like alphas, stamps, rub ons, my paints of course, and my easel. Yes. My easel.  And to freshen up the room I've done a little something funky with one of my drawers that will house said products.

(this is where I was going to give you a mini tour of the room but blogger isn't cooperating and won't let me upload the video..  i'll try again tomorrow.)


new studio and collaged furniture from Francesca Di Leo on Vimeo.

So, for now here's a close up of the cupboard, however it's dark and raining outside so the lighting isn't at it's best, so the quality isn't very good...



This space is still a work in progress.  The walls are bare so perhaps some shelving and some framed 'somethings' need to go up.  New curtains perhaps.  But I want to make sure that I don't clutter it up because that'll make me crazy.  I like clean and simple especially if it's also serving as a bedroom.

So there you go.  A little view into my life and home.  On to collaging more furniture... this is dang addictive.  I say that a lot don't I.  oh well.

Happy Sunday night all,
Francesca

No comments: