Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shadows Shot Sunday

No I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.  I've just been busy out enjoying this gorgeous fall weather.  We've been out almost everyday soaking up the last little bit of warm sun, and wearing sweaters, and running through leaves.


We wish everyday could be fall.  The kids picked up every full intact leaf they could find and brought them all inside.  They weren't sure what they wanted to do with them but they just knew they had to have them.  So in came about 30 leaves all in various sizes that looked like this.  So I got out the crayons, and the big chart paper, and we embossed away.  All kinds of leaves, in every single colour.  It was a cachophony of colour and leaves.  Gorgeous.  Then Xavier wanted to cut them all out, and so we spent another hour just cutting them out.  Then he wanted to glue them onto another sheet of full scap paper.  But by this time it was close to bed time and off to bed my two little artists went.


But back to autum.  The best season of the year if you ask me.  Warm sweaters.  Getting under a cozy comforter at night, with a slight breeze through the window.  A symphony of colours all over the place. And here are a few reasons why I love fall:


More crafty goodness coming.  I promise.

Happy Sunday,
Francesca

3 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

Your shadows are lovely, as are the signs of fall.
Have you ever taken part in Shadow Shot Sunday? I love it - it is a fun weekly photo challenge.
Take care.

Mandy said...

great photos...love the shoe and leaf one to bits...take care...xxx

Beverley Baird said...

Hi again!
No I don't live in Toronto - altho I did grow up in Scarboro. Went to Cedarbrae and laurier. I live in Cambridge now.
I know hwat you mean - there is a group for just about everything! there are so many - I tried a lot over the summer but now that I am back to teaching I just don't have time.
take care.