Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Countdown Begins

I'm counting down the days until my hair cut.  Two more sleeps to go!!  hehe

And my kids are counting down the days to Halloween.  Well not so much X, but E is sure counting down.  She's had her Cat in the Hat costume bought months ago, and worn about a million times already.  To get her to put away her costume, because it was getting ridiculous trying to take her costume off before bed time, I went out and bought her a halloween pajama.  For both her and X.  And it was a hit.  No more fighting and screaming for the cat in the hat costume at bed time.  lol

notice i've left in the red eye, it gives them a possessed look to add spook


We're on day two of both kids sleeping in their own beds without me sleeping with them until they fall asleep.  No more of that.  Bed time is 8:30pm, each in their own bed.  X is fine.  But E cried bloody murder the first night, "mommy, I need you", "mommy I have to go pee", and finally "mommy my arm hurts".  She'd get out of bed and I'd put her back in.  She'd get out and I'd put her back in times a million.  Two hours later she finally gave in, quieted down and off to sleep she went.  The 2nd night was the same but less intense and lasted on 1 1/2 .  So, I'm hoping that tonight, day 3, we'll get to sleep even sooner.  And one day sooner for me to have some me time in the evenings without being tied to one or the others bed.  Allelujah.  and Amen. Smile.

Adios amigos

Francesca

2 comments:

Mandy said...

we have kids in the bed too...what can I say...congrats on two days....woohoo for you!!!xxx

Francesca Di Leo said...

thanks Mandy. We had no tears on the 3rd night. But I must say, the first two nights were brutal, you need nerves of steel and a really good pair of ear plugs, for all the crying!!! One step closer to 'freedom' for me. Yay!! Have a great weekend.