Monday, March 29, 2010

My New Addiction: the french knot

Like I need another. But. I am loving working on this

I'm by no means an expert stitcher, embroider-ess, but this sure is a hell of a lot of fun. I find it puts me in a very relaxed mood, much like knitting does. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Here is the progress I've made thus far. My favorite, you ask? definitely the sheep.. but I made him too bushy, his 'fur' hides his little black legs. A.dor.a.ble. No?
This is the first time using the 'french knot', and the 'slipped french knot' and the 'chain stitch', and the 'seed stitch'. Thank goodness for this. For anyone who might want to take this up, I would highly recommend this book, The Embroidery Stitch Bilble by Betty Barnden. It is INCREDIBLE. The explanations and the pictures are so great and really easy to follow. Next, some birds (I'll be using Pam Garrison's stamps as templates for my birdies). And some more flowers. I'm gonna have to come up with a whole-lot-ta cuteness to fill up this baby. Perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic thinking I could possibly fill up this entire canvas. This is indeed the perfect night time task to help me wind down and relax my brain. Lurve-ing it!! If you want to see more cuteness, click on the 'i'm stitching along' icon on the right hand side of my blog...
Here is me, right here, right now. Yeah, I know, SEXY or what?!?!? and yes, still no new hair cut. What can I say... :
And this is what we're reading EVERY night, three times a night, each! yeah! I think I know the words by heart.. it's a good thing I too love your stories Robert.
And this is what I'm so thankful for today. Espresso. Double, short and strong! I can't live without you:
Oh, and Hambly, I'll get to you next, I promise!!

Happy day,
Francesca

No comments: