Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Artistic Mothers Art Group

Well, I've finally managed to find some time to take out the paints, paper, sprays, inks, stamps, and I went to town.

I've started my backgrounds using Golden fluid inks. I just love the way they spread and sink into watercolour paper. So fabulous.



Then I added some stencils, and used adirondack inks and stencils. Ed Roth, bless you for your beautiful stencils.





Next, I'll add more depth and dimension by adding some of my favorite stamps; some collage elements, and some paint on top of all of that... one big glorious inky, painty, collagy mess.

All the while, I'm taking, collecting, and printing tidbits of my life as a mother.
But I'll get to that in my next post.
Ok, now off to enjoy a balmy 18 degree, sunny, glorious day! Yay, spring!!
Happy day everyone,
Francesca

4 comments:

Trudy Callan said...

Your papers are gorgeous! I love the bright bold colors. So cheerful.

Now you've got me curious about your next post. I don't know if I can wait. But I'll have to.

Now on to painting some papers myself.

Mandy said...

these are beautiful...love how bright they are...i so want some inks to work with...hugs...xxx

Rayanne said...

I'm kinda new at this type of art work....seeing your papers are getting me excited. Very nice work, and I like how you show us the begin and end of the papers on this post. Thanks.

Bethany Kartchner said...

Those are beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with them!