Sunday, February 7, 2010

Project 52, Challenge #9

Wooden Blank (any shape/subject, found, repurposed, purchased)
Theme – Botanicals (flowers, leaves, trees, tropical, forest, real/fantasy, etc…)
Required material – Wire (metallic, old/new, covered, colored, thin/thick, etc…)



Supplies Used:
Golden Fluid acrylic paints, hansa yellow and gold green
Pine wood board, 14” x 14”
Wire
Hot glue gun
Brads
Fabric for flowers
Molding paste
stylus

Simple steps on how to recreate this project:
I used a 14” x 14” pine wood board. Over top I lathered on a medium thick coat of molding paste, and immediately drew with a stylus the alphabet all over the board. Once dry, I painted it with Golden fluid paints, Hansa Yellow, and then Gold Green over that. Let dry.

Then I cut out 1"circles from fabric, sewed them together to cinch them into flowers. Added flower centres and hot glued to the canvas board. The stems are old book pages glued and lightly gessoed.

The wire flower was made just by twisting it into the shape I wanted. And the stem is half a branch. All hot glued on to the board.

This marks the end of my journey with Project 52. It was a wonderful experience which allowed me to stretch my creative wings. I very much enjoyed creating along side all you P52 followers, and wish you all much creative bliss.

happy art'ing,

Francesca

No comments: