Monday, February 8, 2010

Fly Me to the Moon

inks
inks,
originally uploaded by Francesca D..
I'm learning so much in my drawing and painting portraits on line class. If you don't already know, I'm a huge fan of Misty Mawn's work, and am so LOVING watching over her shoulder as she teaches how she draws and paints portraits. But what I am especially loving is the encouragement and feedback we get from posting our work. There's a bunch of us, from all different levels and not only am I learning from Misty, but from all the other artists in the group.

The first thing that came to my mind when I took a look at this piece from a distance was, "...she ain't a beauty, but hey she's alright, and that's alright with me..."... a favorite lyric of mine from Springsteen's, Thunder Road.

I especially love this one because while working on it, I was having fun. I was alone in the house, and it just felt like fun. I didn't start with any preconceived notions of what I wanted it to look like, I just followed my heart and my let it lead my hand. Not thinking, just doing.

For this piece, I used my adarondak inks, with titanium white; and shive paint stiks in paynes grey and white for the background. Love love love working with the inks. One of my favorite mediums thus far.

Thanks for stopping by,

Francesca

1 comment:

felgio said...

i love her..nice work