Sunday, January 3, 2010

Project 52, Challenge #7

Shadow Box (good size, found, cigar, repurposed, purchased, etc…)
Theme – Insects (butterflies, bees, spiders, moths, mantis, caterpillars, etc…)* Required material – Fabric (velvet, cotton, felt, lace, old/new, antiqued, etc…)

Here is my take on the challenge:






I'm totally inspired by the likes of Rebecca Sower, who really does incredible things with shadow boxes. If you want to see some awesomeness, you really should visit her blog.

I used a real wasp nest that I had my husband take down off the garage before the winter set in; I used cracle medium on the frame and heart; printed up some wasp and bee images from the net and printed them up, then coloured in with copic markers. The fabric bits are from Anna Maria Horner, drawing room collection.

Thanks for stopping by.

Francesca

3 comments:

Rbarakat said...

Great project - I especially love the fabric and nature pieces!

wendela said...

this is gorgeous Francesca!!i want this in my room ::))))))

taylor said...

Enjoyed looking at your blog. Your ROD book cover has some really nice fabrics in it. I am taking that class and Misty's class also. Can't wait for it to start next week. Okay here's what I really want to know(slightly embarrassed to ask...) How did the Nice and Easy go? My daughter is "dying" for me to get rid of my white hairs.