Theme – School (education of any kind/lessons learned, etc…)
Required material – Office Supply/s (any office supply store items are game)
I started out with an old Canadian Encyclopedia I found sitting in a box on our neighbours yard with a sign that said “Take Me, Free”, so I snagged one. There were more and if I had had more arms, I would have brough more home!! What perfect timing it was that I needed an old book cover. Sweet.
For Book Cover:
1. gesso the book cover leaving a small (1”) border
2. when dry place your alphabet mask on the right side and spay with glimmer mist
3. do the same thing by placing the alpha mast along the bottom of the cover.
let dry completely
4. outline the letters using a black pen (I used archival safe Pigma Micron )
5. cut out bird template and collage over it with your favourite choice of patterned papers using gel medium
6. adhere the bird to the book cover using gel medium
7. using white crackle paint, paint over the alphas and around the collaged bird. Use a really thick coat to get big cracks, or a thin coat for smaller cracks.
8. let the crackle paint dry completely
9. outline with black pen the alphas again (if they’ve been painted over by the crackle paint), and the collaged bird
10. on the right edge of book add book handle using the crop-a-dile to make holes
11. cut an old bookpage and crumple it to create a ruffle and adhere, using double sided tape, just under the collaged bird
12. on top of the old book page ruffle, adhere the book binding tape
13. on top of that add the mini pom-pom ribbon
14. add your border to top and bottom edges
15. type out Dr. Seuss quote using ‘Another Typewriter’ font (from 1001 Free Fonts)
16. Cut them out and adhere to book cover
17. add embellies to the collage bird
For Inside Book Covers:
1. apply patterned papers with gel medium
2. using the crop-a-dile put two holes at the top of the back bookcover
3. from the back, put through the elastic and through the papers and put the pencil through the elastic
4. from the back, insert the elastic through the book cover and through the papers and run the pencil through the elastic. Instant page holder!!! Cool.
WINNER WILL BE OUR NOVEMBER GUEST DESIGNER!!! ANNOUNCED Tuesday, November 10th, 2009
1. Upload to Your Photoserver Like Photobucket Our Project 52 Blinkie, Then Add It to Your Blog Linking Back To This Blog
2. After Your Blinkie Is Up, Leave Us a Comment On This Blog Post With The Link Where We Can Find It
3. Create Challenge #2 & Upload It to the Project 52 Gallery before November 7th Midnight Pacific
4. Come to the Project 52 Forum and Link Us to Your Project in the Gallery
Come say Hi to the Design Team and View Bonus Tutorials in the Forum today!