Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas to me from me!

New hair cut. Check.
Mondo Beyondo Course. Check.
Drawing and Painting Portratis, with Misty Mawn. Check.
Subscription to Studio Calico kits. Check.

These are just a few things to get me going in the new year. A move towards developing and recreating me.

I'm so ecstatic to be taking this on-line course with Misty Mawn. She's just such an awesome artist, and I just adore her work. Adore. Did I say I adore her work. Take a look at this, and this, and this and this. I wanted to take her courses at Artfest but a few things prevented me from attening: 1) money 2) time 3) and it was completely booked. So, this is my opportunity to learn from her in the comfort of my own home. I'm not sure of my drawing, painting skills, but I sure as hell am going to give it a try. Who knows where this experience may lead. And although I may not be good at this (or I may learn that I am good at it), I'm sure I'll walk away with all kinds of tips and techniques, and useful information to carry forward to other projects. All learning is good learning and NEVER a wasted experience. Soo soo excited. Thanks Misty!!

And I finally took the plunge and subscribed to Studio Calico. O how I've loved these kits forever. I really don't know what took me so long to subscribe. So, I finally did. Can't wait to start creating with these babies. And one day, I WILL make the Studio Calico Design Team (just thinking positively here. smile).

Still haven't had any time to create anything. I'm going CRAZY. CRAZY I tell you.

Tonight. I must create tonight. I WILL lock myself in my studio and create (again thinking positively here. smile again).

If there are any other exciting new courses out, please do share. I'm allllll about learning this year...

Love to all,
Francesca

2 comments:

{melissa} said...

the studio calico kits are wonderful, you will enjoy them a lot. i am going to check out the Mondo Beyondo course, thanks for the link.

6p00e54edac5e98833 said...

Hello Francesca. I believe we may be in Misty's class together. Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how inspiring I find your way of writing. This post here speaks to me.