Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happily Ever After

Well. Here it is. My first. Painting. Collage. Err, yeah.


I love the work of Kelly Rae Roberts and was so inspired by her book Taking Flight, that I just had to attempt one of her tutorials. So, here she is, in all her glory. The collage part was fun and came easily, but the face! Well, that took some work. This is on 12" x 12" canvas board.
Although, I did love working on the hair part. I used Goldens: naples yellow, raw burnt umber, and bronze for added umph! Yes, a girl needs to have sparkly, bronzed hair!!

All in all, for my first attempt, I'm liking it. I may give it another try. Now what do I do with her??? is the question. I create all these things, but now what to do with it. Hmm.


Tomorrow is the Project 52 Challenge #5 Reveal. Don't forget to check it out. Lots of artful eye candy to see, and learn. Woohoo, see you then.

Here's to an art-ful Sunday!

Francesca

1 comment:

jasmine bailey-barfuss said...

beautiful! You can't go wrong with a mixed media collage - they always turn out gorgeous! I love it!