Challenge 3 – Paper Mache Blank (any shape or subject, usually craft store item)Challenge Group 1: Theme – Self-Portrait (about you, present/past/future, serious or fun, etc…)* Required material – Found Objects (junk drawer stuff related to theme/story)
SIX RULES TO WIN $20 GIFT CARD TO BAD GIRLS BOUTIQUE:
1. You must leave a comment here on this blog post with one word that describes YOU
2. You must incorporate a paper mache (papier-mâché) form (any shape or subject) in your project that is pre-made or that you make (allow overnight dry time between layers)
3. You must use the theme Self-Portrait (about you, present/past/future, serious or fun, etc…)
4. You must use Found Objects/Junk Drawer Stuff related to theme/story (such as trinkets/baubles/pieces/charms/hardware you find/collect or purchase at scrap/stamp stores, flea markets, etsy, antique, etc.)
5. Upload Your One Photo, yes, ONE Photo, of Your Project to Our Project 52 Gallery by November 21, Midnight Pacific Time (time zone converter) If you have additional photos, link to them in the description from either your blog or from photobucket.com
6. FINAL RULE: You must post a link to your project in the gallery before November 21st Midnight to our Challenge #3 thread in the forum - don't forget to do this!
CONGRATS! YOU ARE ALL WINNERS TO ME IF YOU COMPLETE THE
Here is my take on this weeks Challenge:
Graphic 45 patterned papers
Golden Liquid Acrylic – Iridescent Pearl (Fine)
Melissa Frances butterfly transparency
Cavallini and Co round stickers (in bottle caps)
Hint at recreating this project:
Gesso the entire box, inside and out and let dry completely. Then paint the entire box with Iridescent Pearl (Fine), and when fully dry, give it a good sanding to distress. Use your favourite patterned papers and cut lots of circles in varying sizes and layer, layer, layer using pop dots. Further embellish the flower centres with pearls, buttons, or rhinestones. Use a bird template (if you google bird template you’ll find a ton to choose from). The pearlized buttons were further enhance by colouring them in with Copic markers, to add a splash of colour.
This was a blank, paper mache bead box I bought from DeSerres. The minute I saw it I knew I had to have it to alter it.
My found objects were the bottle caps my hubby leaves lying around the house; pearl buttons found at a garage sale; some wire I had (not sure where it came from!).
It's called Little Bits of Me. I am a woman who comes from a long line of very creative, beautiful, strong women. I am who I am because of their influence on me throughout my life. On the inside of the box I've listed a word that describes the most significant women in my life, and the qualities that I aspire to and hope that one day, my little girl will say about me..
Fearless - my mother
Faith - my mother-in-law
Compassion - my sister
Strength - Elisa
Loyalty - myself
In each box I will store a keepsake that has been given to me by each woman to remind me of them and to eventually pass on to Elisa.
Thanks for stopping by,