Sunday, November 29, 2009

16" x 20" Canvas

I begged Dina to make me one of her pieces, and that didn't work. Then I asked to commission her to make me one of her pieces and that didn't work. So, guess I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands and blackmail her. Laugh. Just joking folks.

I've taken matters into my own hands, literally and made my own piece using the techniques I learned taking her classes.

Here's the result. My sister saw it and loved it, so it'll hang on her office wall at work. Go figure. So needless to say, my wall still remain bare, so Dina, the commission request still stands.. more chuckles... no seriously... (yeah, I get a little obsessive when I really love something..)

So here it is, gifted to my sister:


The pics are taken inside, we've had bad weather and very little sunlight, so it was useless waiting for some natural light to take some decent pics.

The writing reads, 'she had a song in her heart and a smile on her face".

I used the following supplies: Adarondak inks, in butterscotch, plum, and lime; gel medium; DMC floss; goldne acrylic paints in titanium white, teal, black and micaceaus black; KI Memories flower lace paper for mask; Jenny Bowlen music paper; circle drafting stencil; awl to poke holes for hand sewing; black Sharpie paint marker. The black around the borders was done with my fingers.


I've actually yet to attache a few more items. Not quite completely done but wanted to post it anyway. I want to add a few jewellery bits hanging from some of the hearts. Pearls with silver do-dads for some added umph. You can never have too much umph, right!!

Thanks for coming by, and if you're really bored, don't forget to visit my 'studio' space on my previous post here.

Have a great Sunday night,

Francesca

3 comments:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Oh sweet soul... this is SO gorgeous... you are so talented. and those words on it just touch my heart so much... perfectly perfect!

dogfaeriex5 said...

i just on mistys blog that you have a white shepherd..we did too..he was the love of my life..his name was sambucca and he was 10 when he left us a couple years again...he really had bad hips..i still miss him...xox

eMeLiNe Seet said...

wow ! u are incredibly talented !