Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Kit, Scraptiv!ty

The October Scraptiv!ty kit was so much fun to work with. The papers and embellies were absolutely gorgeous! Lots of gorgeous Prima and 7 Gypsey's pp. Did I say, gor-ge-ous!

Because I got the kit two days before the kit reveal, I only managed to create these two pages. I'll keep creating until I've got nothing of the kit left. May as well take advantage and create to my hearts content!!! I'm already excited about getting the November kit!

With the October Scraptiv!ty Kit, I tried to demonstrate the following:
  1. a variety of ways to use patterned paper to create your own custom made embellishments. You can cut out images and you don't always have to use the paper as 'is'. Don't be afraid to cut patterned papers up and use them in different ways. In this way, hopefully engaging, and inspriring those who buy the kit to take advantage to the fullest of the kit contents.

  2. use what you have in the kit and play it up with distressing ink, stickles glitter, embossing powers, paint and distressing. Lots of texture adds more interest to your page.

  3. layer, layer, layer. The more layers, the more depth it gives your page. I love, did I say LOVE pop-dots. I use them on almosy all my pages. You can layer, and add pop-dots which lifts elements off your page giving them a 3D effect.
Embossed the alpha stamps with gold embossing powder on white card stock and cut them out; cut out butterflies from another pp, distressed the edges, added glass beads to the centres and adhered to page with pop-dots; layerd, layerd, layerd the squares and circles, distressed edges with ink, embossed centres and added more glass beads; added blue paint and splattered white paint and distress stickles to background.

Love those butterflies. They really look like they're flying up and away! And those Prima pebbles are just divine. Don't forget to pay attention to your photo and enhance it by distressing the edges. This makes it look like it's been matted.

More paint, glitter, beads, distressing, stamping and cutting out. O yeah! The Prima charm is beauty!!! I backed it with a pp and on top covered it with Glossy Accents to give it the look of glass. The circles, Tim Holtz white crackle paint, with Stickles distress glitter overtop, and outlined in black marker.


Details, details, details.... close up of the beading which holds the Prima charm..

Another close up of the beading I did by sewing them in.

That's all she wrote folks.
Thanks for stopping by,
Francesca

No comments: