Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School Days

I was in a very nostalgic mood yesterday after dropping Xavier off to school on his first day of grade one.



Here are a few pics of him getting used to the 'new' grade one yard. Where the 'big' kids get to play, separate from the JK and SK grades.



Here he is yelling at me to stop taking pictures of him!!! Imagine... as if...


There was excitement in the air, all the kids had on their new 'school clothes', new shiny shoes, big knapsacks, looking both excited and scared at the same time. Parents were looking pretty excited and nervous too, especially those of us starting JK and the grade one's.
It made me think about my school days, and all the awesome memories it brought back. So, today I came home and hunted out all my school pics. Right from JK to grade 8. And this is what I found, and made a collage out of them:
For those of you who have known me forever, isn't this the funniest thing you've ever seen? Can't believe how much I've changes, yet have stayed the same. My goodness. In order from top left to right, from Junior Kindergarten to grade 8.

I've also scanned the class photos and am organizing the papers I want to use. I should hopefully have this done soon. I've been meaning to put these photos to use for a long time. And I'd like to record some anectdotes and facts for posterity sake. My kids will one day get a chuckle from these one sweet day. I am trying to find Domenic's school pics, but haven't had much luck yet. It'd be nice to have one for all four of us.
How fun it is to go back and remember.
Hope Xavier and Elisa have as much fun and good times as I did in school. Nothing but good memories and tons of funny stories.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Francesca

No comments: