Friday, September 25, 2009

Out of Frustration Came This

Last night I thought I was going to go crazy.

I was exhausted from a busy day at work, all I wanted to do was have some peace and quiet. I 'tried' to put the kids to bed but all I got was, 'mommy I'm hungry', 'mommy I'm thirsty', 'mommy I have to go pee', and then Elisa cried cause she couldn't find her Grover that she 'occasionally' sleeps with. Then Xavier wanted the hall light on. Well. I. Lost. It. I. Mean. Lost. It. I yelled at them to go to sleep, and stormed downstairs, all the while hearing whaling and screaming, and crying from the two, and their dad going to their rescue.

I went down to my basement and locked the door!!!!!!! (leaving Dom to deal with bedtime)Yes, I was having a crazy moment. My neighbour friend Marie calls it, 'the rage' when she gets it. I get them every once in a while! Laugh.
Out of my frustration came this:
Two page spread in my moleskine journal.

It's bright, it's bold, and it screams attention! It says, "finally finding my way to my heart". Meaning, I'm finally in a place where I feel good about where I am and what I am accomplishing in my life, and my art. Art finally finding a place in my life and being able to fly with it. As Kelly Rae Roberts says, letting my heART soar and take flight.

For the first layer I used moulding paste, then liquid acrylic paints, then Pentel water soluble oil pastels. The black 'rays' is a stamp from Stampers Anonymous, by Tim Holtz.

For the wings I used a thin sheet of gold metal, and cut ou a pair of wings.
The centre of the 'sun' is a sheet from my disposable paint palette. It was just too pretty to toss, so I cut it up and used it on my page.
And then I felt better. And off to bed I went. This time to a quiet bedroom with both kids and husband off in dream land. Allelujah! My sanity saved.

NB: But I may just lose it again cause blogger is giving me trouble posting this.. figures! So I apologize in advance if the formatting on this post is wonky.

Thanks for stopping by!

Francesca

p.s. more good news to follow

2 comments:

Brian K said...

This is soo beautiful! Amazing combination of colors and the texture is de-lic-ous! WOW! I love the heART quote to wonderful! Sooo glad I came across your blog!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

BEAUTIFUL~ I love seeing someone taking their emotions and channeling it creatively!