Monday, June 22, 2009

Art Journaling

My new journal.

I spent a lot of time on this one. Well, more like ten minutes here, 15 minutes there, in between making dinner, and after the dishes, and some after bath time for the kids. If only I had two to three hours in a stretch at once. Maybe, one day...

This is my moleskine transformed. It's still not complete. It doesn't feel done yet. Not sure what needs to be added, but I'll know when I'm done. It's just a gut instinct.

I've used my usual favorites, and some new items:

Jenny Bowlen patterned papers and label; Sassafrass, Webster's Pages; old book pages; left over fabric; Scenic Route patterned papers; Making Memories borders; Prima ledger stamp; Heidi Swapp white alphas; Kelly Panacci black swirl stamps (on top and bottom of center cover); Melissa Frances epoxy sticker; K and Co green ribbon; 7 Gypsey's fabric tape; Momento stamping ink; Japanese specialty papers; pearls, clear rain dots; Tim Holtz Distress Stickles; silver/orange jell pen; Copic sketch markers; Liquitex clear gel medium.

Take a look at my cover:

And the inside cover:
And the back cover:

And the inside back cover (this is a flap cover where you can insert whatever), and yes, that's a Canadian quarter!!:


That's all she wrote folks, for now anyway.

Haven't scrapbooked in a while. I'm finding collaging and Copic markers, and gel medium are totally and completely addictive.


Oh yeah, I must get to the Copic markers, next post. I'm still experimenting with them. They're expensive but oh so worth the results. More on this to come.

ON THE NEWS TODAY:
Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett died today.
We had a hurricane today!
Got caught in the rain.
Kids played in the pool at Jakson's house, while the moms drank tea.
Garbage strike.
Took garbage to the 'garbage station' they've set up in the meantime.
Elisa has a cold.
I stayed home from work today.
Ate some realllly great cheese cake.
Am glad the day is winding down.

Have a wonderful night.

Francesca

No comments: