Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Custom Made Blog Banner

How much fun is this! I just adore blog land. What a blast this is and so totally addictive.

So I got bored with my blog banners and tried my hand at creating my own. This is what I came up with. I've also changed the blog template. You know, just to shake things up a bit.

This is my edited version using Flikr:



This was my scanned original:


Big difference, huh!

I had this gorgeous vintage Cavallini and Co. wrapping paper which had a bunch of photos of vintage postcards. So, I cut out one of my favorite postcards and added some distressing, some hand stitched zig-zag, some circles with crackle paint, distress stickles, white souffle pen, some black rub-on alphas, and my American Crafts Thickers that I painted with linen crackle paint, then outlined it with black zig pen, and then when dry topped it off with more distress stickles. And voila.

But, how come I can't get it to go across the page. I did this on an 8 1/2 by 11 page. Maybe I need to do this on a 12 x 12 page. Don't know, I must experiment. Geesh, don't know what took me so long to come up with this idea.

I'm having a blast editing my photos on flikr! I find it much easier to do this on flikr than with photoshop. Go figure!

The kids are asleep, Samson is snoring away by my feet, I have an espresso in my hand, and I have the rest of the night to enjoy BY MY SELF. Yeahhhhh. Meeee time...

Love to all,

Francesca

No comments: