Saturday, February 7, 2009

Springsteen Mania

I've been trying to get Springsteen tickets now for the last two days! He'll be here in Toronto on May 7.

I've loved Springsteen and the E Street Band since I was 14 years old. Bruce is a master lyricist, and his band are musical geniuses. There's a whole big deal being made of the scam TicketMaster and TicketsNow are running, and hence my trouble in getting any tickets. Well, I could get tickets if I was willing to spend between $800 - $1200. Imagine! What a farce.


Needless to say, I'm heartbroken. I consider Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band one of the 7 Wonders of the World. And I will die trying to see him in concert. I've not tried before because I never thought I'd be able to get tickets, the one time that I do try, I REALLY can't get tickets. I'm so sad. I've been moping all day. I'll keep trying but I don't have much hope.



Just look at the man. At 59 and he's still so hot! I absolutely love everything about him. He just reaks "sexy". That superbowl performance was just sublime. I think I would just pee my pants if I actually got to see him live. He's got such a great stage presence, and his music and lyrics are fabulous, ahhh.... one day.




Got this photo off his website, brucespringsteen.net. Ahhhhh wish me luck....

Favorite Springsteen song: I could say Thunder Road, Born to Run, The River, Atlantic City, She's the One, Lost In the Flood, Back Streets, Racing In the Street, Pointblank or even Rosalita, but I really think it would have to be Mary Queen of Arkansas from Greetings From Asbury Park. It's so hard to just pick one, they're all my favorites!

Francesca

No comments: