Sunday, January 25, 2009

'You Fit Into Me' - Catalyst #46

Here's this weeks catalyst #46, "What is your favorite poem? Why?"

My favorite poem ever, is this one by Margaret Atwood:

You Fit Into Me

You fit into me
Like a hook into an eye

A fish hook
An open eye

Whoa. Pretty profound, no?
It nearly knocked me off my feet the first time I read it back in my university days.
It's such a fabulous play on words. It's very simple, and perfect description of the duality of love. That is, love hurts.

Supplies: Making Memories (glitter stickers) (journaling stamp); Doodlebug Designs (beetle black chenille cardstock); American Crafts (red and white cardstock for scallop circle); Quick Kutz (puzzle die cut); 7 Gypsies (Fragile sticker); DMC (red floss)

Journaling reads:

"Eight years later...and we still fit. From day one there was a strong, sweet, instant connection between us. However, all love is fraught with its' share of heartache and conflict - somehow we have made it work".

Have a great night folks..

Francesca


No comments: