Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catalyst Forty-Three

"Tell us about a BIG dream you want to achieve (aim high!)"


Here is my page in response to the Creative Therapy catalyst number Forty-Three:




psssst.: I got the date of the photo wrong. It should be June 1996 when I received my B.Ed., NOT 2006!


I used up some Sassafrass pp for the clouds... and lots of distress stickles to accents the details. With a jumbo brad from Heidi Swapp. Alpha stickers are Making Memories. And the title alphas are American Crafts Thickers.


I've included my University's motto by my photo (Making Memories shimmer alphas),
"Velut Arbor Aevo", may it grow as a tree through the ages - it is an adaptation of Horace's lines, "crecit occulto velut arbo aevo fama Marcelli" Odes I.12, line 45.

I've used a 6" x 8" bound album for my pages that I create around the catalysts. I'm loving doing these 'cause later in life it'll give my kids an awesome glimps into the person their mother was! This is my way of including myself in my scrapbooking.

I've always loved going to school. My university experience was absolutely awesome. I never enjoyed myself more than when I was in a lecture room, listening to a renowned professor lecture on one of my favorite subjects. Love it. It's no surprise to anyone in my family or friends that I went on to University to complete my Bachelor of Arts, and then eventually my Bachelor of Education.

I've always dreamed of getting my Masters in Education, so I can eventually complete my Ph.D. This is my dream, well, more of a goal. I'm not ready to start it yet, but I plan to start by 2011. I need my kids to be a little older and not so dependent on mom for EVERYTHING.

Every year for the past three years, I always get the application to apply. I hang on to it as a reminder of what I need to do. And I want it ready and handy for when I am ready.

Now that I work for the University of Toronto, there is no excuse for me not to do it. To make it even more enticing, I get a tuition waiver since I'm an employee of the University.

It certainly can't get any better than that!

Thanks to
Karen Grunberg for creating such an awesome site.

Check out the site, ask yourself some questions, create art around yourself, and share with the rest of us! It's really fun.

Francesca

No comments: