Saturday, January 17, 2009

Catalyst #44

I thought this was what I always wanted to do. Just stay home with my kids. I tried it out for two years when it just struck me that I really did want to go back to work after all. I was missing my career. Believe it or not. I had two beautiful years with my kids and I enjoyed it as much as they did. As tough as it was having to leave them with a sitter that first day, I knew going back to work was the right decision, for all of us. The interaction with other kids, and new people is good for them. And the iteraction with adults and getting out of the house is REALLY good for me too! I didn't realise how much I'd missed working until I got back. Being gone for two years is a long time, but the people were still the same (some new and some gone), nothing really did change. I'd thought I'd forgotten a lot but when I got into it I was working on auto-pilot. It just all came back to me just like riding a bike. You're a little rusty at first but once you get going it's full speed ahead. So, anyway, this is my response to Creative Therapy's catalyst #44, "What’s something about the way you live your life that doesn’t align with who you are (or wish you were)?"







Supplies: American Crafts Thickers, Heidi Swapp jumbo crystal brad, 7 Gypsey's tag, Hambly transparency, Anna Maria Horner fabric, acrylic paint, female chipboard (not sure!), and Ranger Alcohol Ink (gold)

I'm keeping these catalysts in a small book and am keeping them simple so I can manage to complete them. Waiting for the next one to come up this Sunday!

Thanks for looking...

Francesca

No comments: