Monday, December 22, 2008

My Kids All 'Growed' Up

When I look at this photo of Xavier, I see a shy little guy who's growing up into a very independent, smart and funny character. He's no longer my baby, can't use that word with him anymore. Everyday he surprises me with something he's said or done. Just the other day as I'm changing Elisa's diaper, he says in a grown-up tone, "mom, that's hideous". All at the wise old age of 5. Imagine! Little twerp. Smile.



I used American Crafts patterned paper for this page, and cardstock from Martha Stewart. K& Company glitter stickers (bird and flourish) at the top and rub-on at the bottom as well as button flower centres; Making Memories felt flowers and scallop square chipboard and letter stickers for title and date; free font from Scraptivity.com called My Old Remington.





Here's Elisa all growed up too! On my computer watching Elmo videos. Her dad puts it on for her in the morning before he goes to work, and she just squeals with delight. And I squeal in panic for fear that she'll destroy my 'puter! I'd be lost without my 'puter.


Daddy and his little girl at their usual post every morning! Cuties.



Off to Cosco tonight to pick up a few last minute things for our Christmas Eve dinner this Wednesday night. We're Italian, and I think most Italians celebrate Christmas Eve. We eat a really really huge dinner. We drink lots of wine. We play lots of Italian card games. We win and lose lots of money (mostly coins). We nibble on 'castagna', 'nuci', 'pistachio', and 'panettone'. Then at 12:00am we open up our Christmas gifts. Then the kids open up their gifts that Santa (aka Il Babo Natale) has left them on the morning of the 25th.


Xavier's Christmas list to Santa was at least 6 pages long. It took him a while to do it because he was taking great care with his spelling. So adorable. Here's a sample of it.


Three more sleeps to Christmas!
Merry Christmas everyone.
Francesca

No comments: