Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Xmas Tags

Here is my attempt at Days 7 and Day 4 of Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas!

Day 7 - SNOW

I loved working on this one - so much fun! The only thing I didn't do was add the snow. Tim used UTEE, UTEE white, Glossy Accents, and one more product which I didn't have. I didn't want to ruin the tag so I just omitted the process. It's still cute, but it sure would have been ultra-cute with the snow. I'll have to make another run to my LSS to get the missing product.

Here is Day 4 - Believe in the Magic

For this one I used the photo of Domenic and Santa (taken way back in the 70's). Dom got such a kick out of this one! I used Tim's seasonal grungeboard for the 'DEC' and the gold alcohol ink mixative to paint it gold. Doesn't it just look awesome? And for the '25' I had white glitter thickers, so I got out my cranberry alcohol ink and coloured over it. And look at the result. Isn't it just great. Those alcohol inks are just spectacular. I love the stuff cause you can do so much with it.

The film strip on the right side is soo cool. I actually had an old unused film canister. I just rolled some out, cut it in half and adhered it to the tag. It just adds that authentic vintage feel to the tag, along with the old photo. Man, I love Tim Holtz for all the ideas and inspiration.


I originally made these tags to attach to gifts with some ribbon, but I've just changed my mind. I love them so much I'm going to use them as ornaments on our Christmas tree!!

On another note, yesterday I tried to get a photo of my two kids together to take a nice photo with their xmas hats on! Hmph, what a joke. Xavier wouldn't cooperate, and Elisa refused to keep the hat on. These are the photos I managed to capture:

Xavier refusing to smile for the camera! As usual these days... argghhh


Elisa posing but refusing to let me clean up her face and put her xmas hat on... double arghhhh..


Ahhh, kids... you gotta love 'em.

Just think, ten more sleeps until Christmas. Yippee!!

Francesca

No comments: