Sunday, December 14, 2008

Days 8 & 10 - Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas

I cannot tell you how much fun I'm having playing with my new products and using all kinds of new and awesome techniques. If you haven't already seen Tim Holtz's blog, you must. He not only tells you what products to use and where to get them, but also shows step-by-step photos of how to make each and every one.

My version of Tim's "Day 10" tag:


My version of Tim's "Day 8" tag:


I love the vintage, grungy feel to these tags and I love all the product on them! My only problem was using the crackle paint. For whatever reason it just sort of seemed to clump as opposed to crackle!!! I had to scrap it off and I tried again, but to no avail. You'll notice if you look closely some crackle with a lot of lumps and bumps! Huh... oh well, not everyone can be perfect like Tim. Laugh. I wonder if I was using too much, or perhaps I didn't mix the paint enough before using it. Not quite sure. Geesh, having a one-step crackle paint was supposed to be easy..!

I was going to use them on Christmas gifts, but I think I prefer to leave them on my Christmas tree where I can admire them! I just love looking and touching one of my finished products. I get such satisfaction when I manage to get a project done. Yes, a I lead a life of small pleasure.

I'm on the next one.. A snowman with lots of crackle paint, oh my! I wonder if I can manage to get it to crackle this time. Maybe I should email Tim for some advice... Laugh. Like the man has time for my piddly little troubles. Did I already mention, when I grow up I want to be like Tim.

Gotta go, my head is starting to spin....

adios..

Francesca

No comments: