Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When Boredom Strikes..

When boredom strikes, I go shopping! Yup, that's exactly what I did.

Let me start from the beginning.... Domenic has been working around the clock these days, which leaves me absolutely no time to scrapbook. All my time and energy has been spent running after my two little ones and trying to stay sane. When I don't get at least an hour to myself during the day I begin to lose my mind, my patience and all hell breaks loose. I need my "ME" time to just be in my own head, with my own thoughts and reenergize. Lately, I haven't even had 10 minutes to myself, let alone an hour. So, let's just say, I'm just about ready to go to the looney bin, straight jacket and all. Smile. Don't get me wrong, I adore my kids, but being with your kids 24/7 is enough to drive anyone batty!

So, here's where the shopping comes in. I've been getting really bored not being able to create. I've also been getting a little bored with my embellies and wanted to experiment with a new "something". So, I went to my LSS and bought things I don't normally buy:

Souffle 3-D Opaque Puffy Ink by Sakura
Metallic gel-liner by Staedtler
3-D Paint, in Crystal, Metal, Gloss and Glitter by Pebeo

I also wanted alcohol inks but Elisa was getting fussy in the store so I got out of there before she started whining and whailing. It was bad enough she sent her cookins flying and her water bottle splashing. It wasn't a pretty scene.

I want to add some new dimenion and texture and colour to my pages. I love trying new products and testing out different techniques. It keeps from becoming bored and stale.

Speaking of shopping, I also did some more shopping at Anna Maria Horner's on-line shop. Her fabric from her new line, Garden Party is just fabulous, with deliciously rich colours. It made me smile and I just couldn't pass it up. So I got me some fabric goodness coming to me! Can't wait for it to come. Not sure yet what I'll do with it, but I have a feeling it might be a little something adorable for Elisa. Maybe a fall jacket.

My time is up, Elisa is waking up and Xavier is getting restless. No time to play with my goodies. Maybe just maybe in the next few years! Smile. If Domenic doesn't get a "normal" job any time soon, I'll be a old lady before I get another project done. Frown. Ah, but that's a whole other issue. Later on that..

Hasta lo huego, amigos!

Francesca

No comments: