Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mums the Word...

I am back. Back from the deep depths of hell called the stomach flu. It all started with Xavier throwing up allllllllll over the place: in his bed (twice), in the hallway trying to get to the toilet, and on his carpet in his room. Then, a couple days later, I got the bug, and the barf-a-thon continued. Then if it wasn't bad enough, just as both Xavier and I were starting to feel better, Samson (our 95 pound German Sheppard) barfed allllllll over my kitchen floor. I cannot tell you how sick and tired (no pun intended) I am of cleaning up vomit.


Today my mother offered to come over and help me do a big clean-up to disinfect the house! Thank heavens for moms. What would I do without mine? This woman can do anything, and a million things at once, with her eyes closed, and her hands tied behing her back. My mom is a tank, nothing stops her! If only I had an ounce of her stamina. She had this house in ship-shape in no time, without even breaking a sweat!

Speaking of moms, here is an awesome photo of my maternal grandparents. My mom raves how fabulous her father was and tells us all kinds of stories about him. Like how he was illiterate and didn't even know how to spell his own name, he would mark his name with an "X" when he had to sign something... but despite not being 'schooled' he was as smart as a whip and a gentleman.


My grandmother on the otherhand, we don't have many stories of her except for the fact that she died in her early thirties, probably from a heartattack. My mother was only 9 years old at the time, so she has limited memories of her mom. It was very hard for my grandfather and the kids without their mom and eventually he remarried.


This is the only photo my mother has of her parents together. It's a picture taken on their wedding day. A photo she treasures. And so do I. This will be one of my next projects. This is Felicia and Sebastiano Chiaramida. I have to ask my mom the date of this photo.




I haven't yet done a heritage page, but I'm going to give it a try. I have some awesome Graphic 45 papers I may use.

I also want to scarp this awesome photo of Elisa. It's a rare thing that I get her to sit still long enough to take a photo of her. I would love to use some of the beautiful Sassafras Lass papers from the Life is Beautiful - My Dearest collection. I have yet to use this. It's so beautiful I didn't want to cut it all up! But alas, I think I might go there for this beautiful photo of my little girl.





Off to get a popsicle. My stomach still feels queasy, and I don't yet have much of an appetite. Oh will this never end...

No comments: