Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Let's Go to the Ex, Ohhh Baby"

The Toronto National Exhibition is here for two weeks. The Ex brings so much excitement with it. It also brings with it some sadness which marks the end of the summer, as well as the beginning of school.

I remember when I was growing up, there was nothing more exciting than going to the exhibition, aka the Ex. It meant going out with the family and cousins; eating all kinds of junk food, candy, popcorn, coke, cotton candy, french fries, ice-cream galore; riding all the rides over and over again, the Polar Bear Express was the ultimate favorite; the haunted house which always almost made me pee in my pants I'd get so scared; playing games, the Birthday game was a hit; and of course the loud music pumping that you can feel in your chest; the tons of people; kids running and screaming, boy oh boy, there is nothing like the Ex. I have such fond memories of going there and I only wish I had some photos of those times, but unfortunately we do not. How crazy is that.

Once we got older we just stopped going. I don't know why. We just did. It's been about 15 years since I've been to the Ex. Imagine that. Last night reminded me of how much fun we had, and allowed me to rediscover that joy I felt as a child through my children. Xavier and Elisa had so much fun. Xavier eyes were ablaze with joy. He played some games, the dart game was especially fun for him, and he won four prizes in all. He's an awesome big brother and gave them all to Elisa. My little girl was so behaved. She watched all the goings on and was a complete angel. She LOVED the carousel and sang and laughed through out the whole thing.

The highlight of the night was Domenic winning a battery operated motorcycle for Xavier. I've never seen Xavier more excited in all his four years! By the time he won it Dom had a posse of men behind him cheering him on, and the booth guy giving him all kinds of tips on how to shoot the ball. It was an almost impossible game. But Dom finally did it. I think Dom was more excited and proud that he was able to win it for his son. We all cheered and clapped and even the booth guy gave him a high five. It was soooo fun. I'm so happy that I got to experience the Ex through my kids and with my kids. It's so rewarding watching them have fun and laugh, and just being together. It was the kind of day I wish we could have everyday. It was 10:30pm by the time we left, so needless to say, we were all exhausted and ready to go home.

I'm so happy I have some photos of the day to share with the kids when they're older. They're absolutely priceless. I'm going to try and do a photo collage of these. I got some awesome shots and I won't be able to pick just a two!!!!


The entrance to the Exhibition. The famous Princess Gates.


Time to buy tickets. Thank goodness we brought tons of money with us cause we went back twice for more ride tickets.


The famous Haunted Mansion. Dom and Xavier went on this, and Xavier had his eyes closed the whole time!!


Elisa and Xavier enjoying the Carousel, OK and I did too!!! It was all soo pretty!

The Toronto skyline with our famous CN Tower. We have such an awesome city.

Father and Son after winning the ever famous Mini-Motorcycle.

Lots and lots of junk food galore!!

Rides we weren't bave enough to go on!

This is a photo of the princess gates from behind taken on our way home. So pretty!

No comments: