Friday, July 25, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

FINALLY the rains have stopped. We've been so cooped up in this house, I think we're all going a little stir crazy! Today it's finally a nice, breezy, sunny day. At long last.

Elisa is taking her usual morning nap, which gives me time to update my post. I really haven't done too much scrapping these past few days. I've literally been going a little crazy. Dom's been working WAY too much, and when he does get home, he's still in work mode so he's been pretty useless to me on the homefront. It's been literally leaving me so exhausted by the end of the day.

Today I promised myself I'd take some time to finish what I started. I really don't like leaving things too long cause then I get bored and want to move on to the next thing..

Here's what I managed to get done thus far, and a sampling of the products I'll use. The inchies are pieces of left over fabric by
Anna Maria Horner. I want it to look quilt like, which I'll sew and may add some batting underneath to give it a real quilt like look. We'll see how that goes.

And I love the gorgous fabric buttons by Amy Butler. I am so loving buttons these days, not the typical ones however, but fabric covered ones or the goreous ones by prima. They're different and add so much gorgeous texture and appeal to a page. I'm in the process of making my own buttons to match my pages but that's in the works.. I'll post as soon as I can get going on that. BTY, if you're a button fanatic you may want to look at this really neat blog by Carmi Cimicata, a very talented multi media artist, called
The Art of the Button. She posts one of a kind buttons she makes. How cool is that!

I picked up some gel blossoms and the mirrored birds from Heidi Swapp, and some really nice ribbon from Rusty Pickly. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll be able to post a finished page. (sorry for the blurry pics but I was in a hurry to get this done before Elisa wakes up)





Here are a few photos of the kids, Xavier, Jakson, Elisa and Ceanna, in the (empty) school parking lot. They like to go there to ride their big wheels over the speed bumps, add some water from all the rain we had, and you've got one blast of a party. The boys were so rough and tumble and loud, and the girls so nice and gentle with one another. Boys and girls are so from different plantes. Like night and day. You'll see from the photos... smile.


Have a great day one and all.


Francesca




1 comment:

Carmi said...

Hey,
Thank you so much for posting my blog! I am amazed that people are finding it...so clealry, there are alot of us button people out there!
Carmi