Thursday, July 31, 2008

Forever

Well ladies and gents, this is finally my finished project for my Forever page. I had to get the assistance of my mother to help with the sewing. I just couldn't figure out my dang sewing machine. I got as far as turning it on, and that was that. Back into the closet it went!!




I added batting to the insides to give it the real look and feel of a quilt. I wanted this page to give off a warm feeling, like that of being wrapped up in and cozy. It actually looks really cool.




I added a pre-cut scalloped edge (love those pre-made diecuts from Bazzill, such a time saver), and added rhinestones to jazz it up. The little glass bird by Heidi Swapp on the frame is just so pretty.


The wording reads, " How do I make time stand still and keep you my baby forever? How will I ever let go?"



A while back I had distressed a 12" x 12" kraft paper and I backed the page to it. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. For some reason I had a hard time taking a decent photo of the full page. I couldn't get the colours right - you need to see this in real life, it's just so much better.


Anyway, the kids are out with their dad and I'm off to do some more scrapbooking. I need to still my mind and relax. Scrapbooking helps me do that. The dishes can wait, my sanity cannot!

Hmph! My collages and wings haven't yet come that I ordered from ARTchix Studio. I hate waiting. I WANT THEM NOW. Arrrrrrrrrrrrh.

A demain mes amies,

Francesca


1 comment:

felgio said...

Lovely page with many details.