Saturday, July 19, 2008

Finally! Some Alone Time

Well, so much for our street garage sale! Dom got home really late last night from work, and then couldn't get up this morning to help me haul all the stuff out. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Dom's now taken the kids out to give me some time to myself. And yes, I'm using my time NO, not to clean the loads of dishes, or wash the piles of laundry, or mop the sticky floor. Oh no, I have more important things to do, like scrapbook and blog. LOL (to my husband's chagrin!!)

I was rifling through some pictures and found this one photo of me and Dom on the beach in Paradise Island in the Bahamas, on our honeymoon. I can't even remember what it was like to just be the two of us. Oh to be on a beach, with no cares or worries, with one hand holding the hand of the person you love most in this world... and with the other holding a gin and tonic, on the rocks! Yeah baby! Smile.
























I definitely have to scrap this one of me and Domenic. It's just too beautiful and brings back a lot of good memories. I have some awesome beautiful October Afternoon papers from the Detour collection to use on this one.


















Here's the photo of Xavier that I altered by scratching out the background. Looks cool and so much fun to do. It totally makes the image pop. And totally appropriate for the subject matter.


















Here are some of the elements I'll be using for this page. The print paper is Jenni Bowlin, love it. By Doodlebug Designs is the velvet paper, so very cool. I'll probably use this for the title work, and this really awesome textured paper (mimics bat skin), that I'll use some how, some way. I plan to stay up late tonight to finish this one off.

Ok, gonna go back to my papers and embellies... such simple pleasures!!























No comments: